Born in Cork, Ireland, in 1977, I hold a degree in physics and a doctorate in biophysics. But I primarily write about political topics.
My journey so far has taken me mostly into the topics of sovereignty and dictatorship (although it’s unlikely to stop there!). As of June, 2018, I have published four books on political subjects and one book of poetry. I am intending to have two books written before years’ end.
Here are a list of the books I have published:
- The latest book I wrote was entitled Controversy and Crisis: The Question Concerning the Unquestioned in Ibn Khaldun, Machiavelli and Carl Schmitt. This book forwards a theory as to why states must liberalize over time and why conflicts are inevitable.
- The booklet I wrote was called Political Animals and the Godfather. This uses metaphors from the celebrated Godfather series to explain politics.
- My study on dictatorship is called The Terrible Beauty of Dictatorship. This investigated dictatorship and its links to democracy. There is a documentary I also made to support this book release.
- The first book I published was called Mysteries of State in the Renaissance. This examined the rise of certain political concepts in early modern Europe.
- Lastly, the published book of poetry is titled Embroidery of the Eternal. It may be denoted as being ‘mystical’ in nature.
By the end of 2018 I should have another non-fiction book released. This will explore the religious ideas of Thomas Hobbes. Its working title is Doubting Thomas: Faith and Religion in the Leviathan of Hobbes. I also should have a new book of poetry. The working title is Her Smile.